Just a little place for me to post to my hearts content. My crafts and creations, photos and thoughts.

May 12, 2009

Curry,calendulas and clematis Oh My!

Outside the world is in bloom, and draped in electric green foliage. I uncovered my plants that I attempted to winter over in a protected spot in my mothers yard. So far the only thing peeking is the various mints. Last season was the first time I had my own plants, all in containers. Due to the fact that I do not yet have my own residence, I covered them in straw and a plastic tablecloth outside and hoped for the best. We will see!
I have already added to my large collection, I can't help it. I bought yet another lemon verbena, and was ecstatic to find a curry and a scented geranium. yippee! Two items which I had never found previously. The curry smells of maple syrup, and the geranium, citronella. I would love to find a rose or peach scented geranium this year. I bough two flats of Calendulas and may try my hand at planting some lettuce in containers this year as well.


Sean bought me a small Clematis, so I fashioned a rather (too) large trellis and planted her today. I just know I will get some comments on the ridiculousness of the trellis size, but at least It made me feel thrifty.


No comments: