Just a little place for me to post to my hearts content. My crafts and creations, photos and thoughts.

Mar 9, 2011

Banana Choc. Chip muffins

     I've been on a self prescribed low sugar diet for over a month now. It is tuuuuuuff! First off, I love sweets. Second, I love to bake. I gave in a little the other day and made some banana chocolate chip muffins that came out nice and moist.  I ate a few. Yikes. My knees and joints, which had been taking a much deserved vacation from pain (I am so convinced it is from the low sugar!) began to ache and swell a few hours after my indulgences. Now, is this all in my head? I'd like to think not. Cutting the sugar and feeling the result of decreased pain gives a sense of control over something that normally plagues me daily and a pain reliever doesn't help. So I'm on a quest for low sugar recipes for baked goods so that I can have the best of both worlds. Anyhoot, here is the recipe for the muffins! I must say they came out just the way I had hoped. Is it just me or does this picture gives them a oatmealy raisin appearance?

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
preheat oven to 350 F, and lightly grease muffin pans or use paper muffin cups

Dry Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour                               
  • 2 teasp. baking powder
  • 1 teasp. baking soda
  • 1/2 teasp. salt
Wet ingredients
  • 1/3 c sugar
  • 1/3 c loosely packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 melted unsalted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1 1/4 cup of mashed ripe banana, I used 2 medium.
  • 3 Tablespoons milk, or cream
  • 1 teasp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
 Sift together the dry ingredients. In another bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients except
for the chocolate chips. Then incorporate the two and add the chips. simple enough right?
I used medium-ish muffin pans and at 18 minutes they came out just right. I got 16 muffins.
 I'm going to make these again using a large muffin pan and muffin liners for that straight from
the bakery case feel.

No comments: