Just a little place for me to post to my hearts content. My crafts and creations, photos and thoughts.

Feb 26, 2009

Chewy, Gooey, Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Chewy, Chocolaty goodness!
Here is my absolute favorite Chocolate chip cookie recipe. I am a fan of extra soft, chewy cookies, that just melt in your mouth, so if you are not a fan, just cook longer! start by letting your butter and eggs come to room temperature. The ingredients will fluff up beautifully if you take this sometimes lengthy step.
~~ INGREDIENTS: ~~ 1 Cup of softened unsalted butter ( 2 sticks)
1 Cup of packed dark brown sugar
1/2 Cup of white granulated sugar
1/2 Cup of packed light brown sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 Cups of all-purpose flour (try to use unbleached)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
16 oz. semisweet chocolate chips ( usually one and a half bags)

Ok! lets start
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter, the sugars, eggs and vanilla. work it well, getting it nice and fluffy.
3. In a seperate Bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients except for the Chips.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients. then stir in the chips.
(Note: I like to now chill the dough for a hour or so to firm it up, but you can start right away.)
I usually use a 2 Tablespoon scoop (a coffee scoop) to form my dough,
this size seems to work great.
Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or very lightly greased.
Bake for 9-11 minutes. Everyones oven varies! so check often.
If you want those extra gooey under-baked types ( I know theres some out there!)
take the cookies out after about 9 minutes. they will continue to bake a bit.
This recipe makes 25-30 cookies.

1 comment:

Hillary (Mrs. Einstein) said...

Oh my gosh, those look good! Thanks for stopping by!