Just a little place for me to post to my hearts content. My crafts and creations, photos and thoughts.

Feb 22, 2010

Awaiting spring's surprises


It seems too early, but who am I to tell mother nature how to do her thing. February is coming to an end and green shoots are erupting. We closed on our home in September (I can't believe it's been 5 months!) so the spring scenery is going to be a pleasant surprise to us. Our offer was accepted in late July, so we had 2 months to watch the property that we hoped would be ours, take its turn into fall. Once we had our key, our attention was pretty much solely on turning the inside of the home inhabitable by the time winter came, and so the yard got slightly neglected. The one thing I got done was to weed the flower bedding that surrounds the entrance steps. A few hardy mums had become leggy reaching for light through the heavy masses of weeds that had taken over. Today I found lots of growth

I forgot to replant this bulb cluster , but it doesn't seem to mind.

Daffodils?

Buds growing in the old Christmas swag I can't wait to see what this one is

No comments: